Welcome To Minicoy!
Minicoy is the southern most island in Lakshadweep located 398 kms. from Kochi [Cochin]. It is about 10.6 kms. long, the second largest island, the first being Andrott. Crescent shaped, it has one of the largest lagoons. Viringili is the small islet seen to the south of Minicoy. As you enter this unique eco system, exciting possibilities open up. Starting with its crescent shape and lingering romantic beauty, the largest lagoon in Minicoy, slowly make you aware how different it is from the other islands. The Island is set apart from the northern group of Islands by its culture.
Minicoy means "Majestic" in the regional dialect. Mahl is the spoken language unlike the other islands where Malayalam is used. The island is also interesting because of its unique Maldivian character. Unwind yourself and explore the unique culture of Minicoy through the Swaying Palm package. Tourists will be accommodated in exclusive A/C cottages and other individual cottages built on the beachfront. The island has facilities to accommodate staying tourists as well as day tourists. ...Tour Programme
The light house constructed by the British in 1885, the Tuna Canning factory etc., are some of the landmarks and attractions found in Minicoy. Minicoy is a part of ''Samudram' or 'Coral Reef' Cruise Programmes'
- “MINICOY ISLAND TOUR PROGRAMME BY SHIP – THE 'SWAYING PALM' 2016--2017"
- Lakshadweep is one of the worlds most spectacular tropical island systems. The reefs remain pristine, the people continue to fish, grow coconuts and smile a lot. And that's in the handful of islands that have any population at all. The vast majority still remain much as they were the day nature conjured them up. Read full text: “Kadmat, Minicoy, Kavaratti, Thinnakara and Bangaram Island - Accommodation Tariff: 2016 - 2017"
- “LAKSHADWEEP MONSOON: BANGARAM ISLAND BEACH RESORT MONSOON PROGRAMMES - LAKSHADWEEP ISLANDS"
- “LAKSHADWEEP MONSOON: MINICOY ISLAND BEACH RESORT MONSOON PROGRAMME - BY SHIP"
- Discover the beauty of Lakshadweep Islands on a 5 Day cruise programme
- Lakshadweep Samudram packages 2015 - 2016
- Agatti-Kadmat-Itinerary and Route Description
- Kerala Tour Packages
- Kerala Honeymoon Packages
- M.V.Kavaratti Ship Schedule
- 'Coral Reef' Package By Ship 'M.V Lakshadweep Sea '
- Minicoy Beach Resorts Packages
- Kadmat Island Beach Resort Packages By Air
- Kadmat Island Beach Resort Packages By Ship -
- About the Ship MV Kavaratti
- View Lakshadweep Islands Photo Gallery
- Place a Query / Order Form
The Lakshadweep (Laccadive Islands) is string of little-known islands, lying 250 miles off the Malabar coast of India. There are 36 main islands in all, forming an archipelago of surpassing beauty. Nature and culture have both remained preserved over the centuries, miles from the mainland and the trade routes. This is a world of silver sands and clear warm waters, of submerged banks and virgin reefs, enclosing a fascinating underwater world.
The reefs remain pristine. The people continue to fish, grow coconuts and smile a lot. And that's in the handful of islands that have any population at all. The vast majority still remain much as they were the day nature conjured them up.
The uninhabited islands consists Bangaram, Thinnakara, Tilakkam and Suheli. Kalpity, Parali 1 & 2, which are nearby Agatti island. The 10 inhabited islands are Minicoy, Andrott, Kavaratti, Kadmat, Agatti, Amini, Kalpeni, Kiltan, Chetlat and Bitra. Four of the islands Bangaram, Agatti, Kadmat and Minicoy are now open to both domestic and foreign tourists.
Charter Packages to Lakshadweep
(!) Special Flight / Speed Ferry Charter Service (150 pax): The Ferry between Kochi and Kalpeni, Lakshadweep takes just 6 hrs., can be arranged for groups. (!!) Speed Ferry Charter Service (Group): The Ferry between Agatti/Bangaram and Suheli, Lakshadweep Islands can also be arranged for groups. ...Read More
MV Kavaratti Cruise Package to Lakshadweep
MV Kavaratti is a 700 Passengers cum 200 T Cargo Vessel built for the Union Territory of Lakshadweep Islands. To enhance the experience of travellers and to promote tourism, there are 150 first class berths (2 Berths in each room) have been specially assigned to Indian or foreign tourists. 'Read more on M.V. Kavaratti'